Energy and Resource Efficiency Audits – Agromir and International Beverages Tashkent
Location within country: Tashkent, Samarkand Provinces
European Bank of Reconstruction and Development, EBRDImplementation period(month/year):
August, 2017 - September, 2017
Tohir Otahonov – Energy Efficiency Auditor Azamat Kholbaev – Project Coordinator
The EBRD and the Companies are closely working together in this assignment to assess the warehouse project planned by Agromir, the production line project of IBT and to identify relevant investment opportunities to improve the resource efficiency of the Agromir and IBT plants. The main objectives of the assignment will be to undertake an audit of the two plants to:
• Perform a resource efficiency benchmarking of the plant, in comparison with the prevailing practice in the region as well as the international best practice.
• Assess the planned warehouse project and the project to install a new production line (for IBT), specifically in terms of resource efficiency.
• Identify and analyze viable investment opportunities which may enhance:
– Production process;
– On-site energy production, including renewables;
– Energy distribution infrastructure;
– Water and wastewater system;
– Recovery and reuse (or alternative use) of residues and by-products;
– Resource management practices.